Self-confidence is a belief...
In oneself, one’s abilities, or one’s judgement... It is freedom from doubt. When you believe you can change things – or make a difference in a situation, you are much more likely to succeed.
As a self-confident person, you walk with a bounce in your step. You can control your thoughts and emotions and influence others. You are more prepared to tackle everyday challenges and recover from setbacks. This all leads to a greater degree of optimism and life satisfaction.
WHAT IS ASSERTIVENESS?
An assertive person is confident and direct in dealing with others. Assertive communications promote fairness and equality in human interactions, based on a positive sense of respect for self and others. It is the direct communication of a person’s needs, wants, and opinions without punishing, threatening, or putting down another person.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
• Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
• Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
• Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
• Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behaviour
• Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth - and the use of positive self-talk
• List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
• Practice sending positive communications phrased as "I-Messages"
• Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
• Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
• Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
REGISTER NOW for your 'Assertiveness & Self-Confidence' Online Short Course NOW by clicking on the button belowClick Here To Register